Policies and Procedures - Stolen or Lost Phone

What should I do if my Telcel phone is stolen or lost?
If your Telcel is stolen or lost, please contact us at our Customer Care Center at 1-800-220-9518 to speak to a representative that can assist you.
What is a cloned phone?
A cloned phone is a phone whose assigned number has been used illegally in another handset. In the event your wireless number is cloned, your Telcel may display "No Service." For your security, your Telcel phone number will be blocked from making any calls. Call our Customer Care Center at 1-800-220-9518 so that a new Telcel phone number may be issued at no charge.
Can I reactivate my recovered lost or stolen phone?
Yes, as long as you can verify all of the contact information in the account.
Why must I use a PIN in order to place a call in some areas of the U.S.?
Telcel is committed to detecting wireless fraud. Some areas in the United States require you to dial out on your Telcel with the use of a four-digit PIN. This requirement is for security reasons and will help protect your phone from being used by any unauthorized person. Refer to your operating manual to use the AUTO-STORE PIN feature that will allow you to store your four-digit PIN in memory. You only have to hit SEND twice when prompted by the tone in areas requiring PIN code usage.
Can I transfer the remaining Service Days that I had on my lost or stolen phone to my new phone?
Yes, as long as the phone upgrade is completed before the Service End Date of your old or lost phone.
Can I get a refund for the remaining Service Days that I had on my lost or stolen phone?
There are no refunds of Service Plans beyond the Service End Date or due to a lost/stolen phone.
Can I receive my call detail records?
As a prepaid wireless provider, call detail records may not always be available. Under some circumstances, however, you may be eligible to receive call detail records on a limited basis, but you must be able to prove you are the owner of the phone for which the records are being requested. Keep in mind that ONLY the account holder may request their call detail records. However, if the phone number for which you are seeking call detail records is inactive, these may be released, if available, only with a valid subpoena or court order. If you are an active customer seeking your own call detail records, you will need to provide the following: 1. A signed, sworn statement, attesting under penalty of perjury that you are the owner/customer for the subject telephone number and that you request copies of your call detail records. The statement must include your name, full street address, telephone number for which you seek call detail records and Serial Number (ESN or IMEI) of the phone. 2. A clear, legible copy of the back of the phone showing the Serial Number. This documentation must be sent via mail or fax to: TracFone Wireless, Inc. Subpoena Compliance Attn: Executive Resolution Dept. P.O. Box 160340 Hialeah, FL 33016 Fax number: 1-866-809-7134 Upon receipt of your request, we will call you to confirm that you have requested your records and that you are the account holder in possession of the subject phone.
Log in to My Account, the easiest way to manage your payment options, update your information and add new service plans